General Machinist (2nd shift)
San Antonio, TX 78226
This is a 2nd shift positions available-3:00pm-11:450pm
- The General Machinist will set-up and operate conventional, CNC and special purpose machines, including machine centers to fabricate metallic and non-metallic parts.
- Fit and assemble machined parts into complete units, applying knowledge of machine shop theory, procedures, and shop mathematics and layout techniques.
- Read and interpret programs, edit programs, read blueprints, drawings, manual, specifications or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished part, sequence of operations and set-up requirements.
- Measure, mark and scribe dimensions and reference points on material or part as guides for subsequent machining.
- Perform simple turning, boring and threading operations.
- Produce parts to airworthiness standards in an efficient manner
- Install repaired components into assemblies or sub-assemblies.
- May be required to perform other duties as company workload dictates.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Two years’ experience in this field or completion of a specialized course.
- Minimum five years’ experience setting up and operating CNC and Conventional equipment in a machine shop.
- Ability to apply shop mathematics and use handbook formulas.
- Working knowledge of applicable technical publications.
- Ability to use precision measuring equipment and machinist handbook. Ability to read blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances.
- Ability to perform advance set-ups and machining procedures and train machine tool operators in proper operations of such.
- Knowledge of machining techniques, procedures and terminology.
- Ability to perform frequent lifting, pushing and pulling of 30 – 50 lbs.,
- Must read, speak, write, understand, and verbally express ideas and instructions using the English language.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with computerized machine controls.
- Proven CNC functional skills or Fanuc controls.
- VTL machine experience required.
- Ability to use Standard Fanuc G&M codes and Fanuc controls.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.