GIS Technician 188401
Charlotte, NC 28273 US
GIS Technologist supports the operation and maintenance of the company GIS application by maintaining, reporting, and posting work or by gathering data to be input by others. GIS Technologist is the first level of the classification series, and incumbents at this level are expected to work independently, or as part of a team, under close-to-moderate supervision, and to develop and advance their skills.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Applies technical expertise in the identification, analysis, and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
• Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective time and work management.
• Beginning level of knowledge in understanding and interpreting complex design drawings, property plats, maps, and other related information as necessary to post data in the Company GIS system.
• Generates and maintains GIS-generated operations maps.
• Conducts GIS and related studies.
• Strives to continually improve job-related, technical, and professional knowledge, skills, and performance
• Performs work of a higher classification when preparing for advancement.
• Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
• Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
• Maintains accurate records and files.
• Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
• This position will be responsible for completing tasks including manipulating GIS data, and updating attributes in SmallWorld, updating/completing workorders in Maximo
• Minimum 2 years GIS experience required.
• Experience in SmallWorld preferred.
• Experience in the utility industry
• GIS or related technical degree preferred
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.