Flatbed Class A CDL Driver (Temporary)
Charleston, WV 25312
This is a 9 month assignment
- The CDL Driver will be responsible for the delivery and set up of Godwin pumping equipment in a safe, efficient and professional manner at the customer job sites.
- The Driver will also be responsible for the pickup of equipment from the customer job site at the end of the contract rental period, and for recording those transactions accurately on Godwin Rental Contracts and Sales paperwork.
- When not engaged in driving responsibilities, the CDL Driver will assist in the yard or perform other duties as assigned.
- Secure all items loaded on the truck for safe over-the-road travel in accordance with Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration (FMCSA) Federal Department of Transportation, and local Department of Transportation guidelines.
- Review all items to be delivered (or picked up) with customer to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Maintain presence of all required driver (licenses, medical cards, etc.) documents always.
- Maintain log books with entries for driving, on-duty, etc. in accordance with DOT guidelines.
- Maintain mileage and fuel logs as required.
- Perform daily visual inspections of Godwin delivery equipment and documenting any items in need of service.
- Comply with all Godwin and customer safety requirements.
- Maintain communication with Dispatch at all times as to location, estimated arrival/departure times, and any potential issues.
- Assist in the set-up of Godwin pumping equipment as necessary.
- Assist customer with start-up instructions as needed or requested.
- Available for rotating on-call schedule for off-hours emergency driving assignments.
- Assist as needed in preparing rental equipment for dispatch and ensuring yard is organized and maintained.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One to two years’ experience in the construction industry preferred
- Class A Commercial License required
- Experience with flatbed trailers and proper load securement techniques (chaining, strapping, etc.)
- Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions
- Aptitude for basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
- Ability to read a map
- Ability to complete basic mechanical tasks
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.