Fire Suppression Technician III
Atlanta, GA 30320 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
A fire systems technician on the Atlanta Airlines Terminal (AAT) Project’s fire suppression team provides critical testing, inspection, servicing, preventive maintenance, and repair services to our client – the Atlanta Airlines Terminal Company (AATC) at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (H-JAIA). These services are provided through work order assignments, special project assignments and client requirements consistent with NFPA, OSHA, state of Georgia, and city of Atlanta Fire Marshal requirements. This position reports to AAT Project Fire Suppression Superintendent. This position vacancy at the AAT Project is available on third shift, which operates from 10 PM - 6 AM. The AAT Project operates 3 shifts daily on a 24/7/365 schedule. Other work scheduling requirements may also apply to meet client or project requests, seasonal weather events, or other special conditions
Essential Job Functions
- Possesses intermediate knowledge and understanding of fire alarm and suppression systems in commercial, institutional, aviation, manufacturing, or similar setting.
- Completes testing, inspection, servicing, preventative maintenance, and repair of all equipment associated with the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport’s fire suppression systems (wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge).
- Works with limited direct supervision of the fire suppression superintendent and completes work consistent with NFPA, state of Georgia, city of Atlanta Fire Marshal, and client requirements.
- Conducts performance tests on facility wet, dry, pre-action and deluge systems and records work order information on work performed in the Hexagon Enterprise Asset Management System.
- Uses, cares for, and is responsible for tools and equipment used to complete the testing, inspections, servicing, preventative maintenance, and repairs to fire suppression systems.
- Supports the work of outside contractors on behalf of AATC to complete special projects as required by AATC to maintain the operations of the fire suppression systems.
- Well versed in safe work practices and safety policies consistent with site Health, Safety and Environmental programs and plans required to maintain the fire suppression systems.
- Manages self to comply with project code of conduct requirements, as well as other company policies and procedures required to meet safety and performance requirements.
- High School degree or GED with an associate degree preferred.
- Five to seven years’ experience working in the testing, inspection, servicing, preventative maintenance and repair of fire alarm and fire suppression systems (wet, dry, pre-action and deluge) with seven to ten years’ experience preferred.
- NICET I certification in Fire Protection Engineering Technology in Inspection and Testing of Water-based Systems required.
- Five to seven experience working with low-voltage systems required and five years preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with ability to be covered by Jacobs liability insurance carrier.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Intermediate knowledge of wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge fire suppression systems, alarms and special hazard system installations, system preventative maintenance and testing.
- Ability to use hand tools, power tools and equipment applicable to the testing, servicing, inspections, preventative maintenance, and repair of fire suppression systems.
- Ability to cut, thread and hang sprinkler pipe; install new or replace various types of existing sprinkler heads; possesses intermediate troubleshooting skills and completes repairs to air compressors, accelerators, and motors; responds to and reports the location of fire alarms; performs preventative maintenance on the fire systems.
- Intermediate understanding and experience working with low-voltage systems and mechanical aptitude for working with fire system components (gauges, valves, modules, motors compressors, etc.).
- Intermediate ability to read and interpret drawings, specifications, vendor data and technical data sheets, etc.
- Intermediate ability to demonstrate general knowledge and work practices consistent with NFPA standards, state of Georgia Fire Code, city of Atlanta Fire Marshal, and OSHA safe work practices associated with fire suppression and safety systems.
- Intermediate ability to trouble-shoot, diagnose and repair wet, dry, pre-action, and deluge systems.
- Proficient in computer software and Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite, Hexagon Enterprise Asset Management System, Maintenance Connection, Maximo, etc.
- Well versed in general operations, safety practices and policies, as well as specific knowledge of procedures and standards applicable to the safe practice of the testing, inspection, servicing, preventative maintenance, and repair of fire suppression systems.
- Ability to work cooperatively as part of a team of fire suppression technicians in the delivery services to the Atlanta Airlines Terminal Company, LLC.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.