Fire Suppression Systems Technician 187058
Atlanta, GA 30320 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
Shift: M-F 10pm-6am
Essential Job Functions
1. Possesses working knowledge and understanding of fire alarm and suppression systems in commercial, institutional, or manufacturing setting
2. Completes testing, inspection, servicing, preventative maintenance, and repair of all equipment associated with the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport’s (H-JAIA) fire suppression systems (wet, dry, pre-action and deluge)
3. Works under direct supervision of the fire suppression superintendent and completes work consistent with NFPA, state of Georgia, city of Atlanta Fire Marshal and client requirements
4. Conducts performance tests on H-JAIA facility wet, dry, pre-action and deluge systems and records work order information on work performed in the INFOR Enterprise Asset Management System
5. Uses, cares for and is responsible for tools and equipment used to complete the testing, inspections, servicing, preventative maintenance and repairs to fire suppression systems at the H-JAIA
6. Supports the work of outside contractors on behalf of AATC to complete special projects as required by AATC to maintain the operations of the fire suppression systems at H-JAIA
7. Follows safe work practices and safety policies consistent with site Health, Safety and Environmental programs and plans required to maintain the fire suppression systems at H-JAIA
8. Manages self to comply with project code of conduct requirements.
1. Six months to one-year experience working in the testing, inspection, servicing, preventative maintenance and repair fire suppression systems (wet, dry, pre-action and deluge) or three-years’ experience in cutting, grooving, and fitting pipe required.
2. One to three years’ experience working in the testing, inspection servicing, preventative maintenance and repair of fire alarm and fire suppression systems (wet, dry, pre-action and deluge) preferred.
3. Valid driver’s license with ability to be covered by Jacobs liability insurance carrier.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.