Field Technician III
East Syracuse, NY 13057
- The Field technician III performs vacuum excavation tasks, able to operate geophysical prospecting for finding/locating underground utilities and supports overall crew activities. Provide daily crew supervision as assigned.
- Selects and applies appropriate geophysical prospecting equipment to accurately designate non-complex underground utility layouts.
- Performs all Field Tech I and II functions
- Comprehends and interprets utility and highway design plans, atlases and record drawings
- Oversees and coordinates the effective maintenance and operation of vehicles, equipment, tools and supplies.
- Selects and implements proper maintenance of traffic signage
- Coordinates survey activities in connection with SUE work.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 year experience as a SUE Tech II or in the successful application of geophysical equipment in utility locating such as for a contract utility locating firm or a major utility company.
- Minimum 2 year experience as a SUE Tech II or 3 years in the successful application of geophysical equipment in utility locating such as for a contract utility locating firm or a major utility company.
- Must be able to administer Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and recognize potential hazards
- Meets all criteria for Field Tech I and II
- Possible extensive travel by motor vehicle or airplane up to 2 weeks continuously and overtime as needed.
- Must be able to travel up to two week periods.
- Travel is New England, New York and Pennsylvania areas.
- Must live in the radius of Rochester NY, Syracuse or Albany areas.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.