Field Cost Engineer
Elkton, VA 22827
- The Field Cost Engineer reviews data to determine material and labor requirements to assist in forecasting the project at completion
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes, such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids and determining cost effectiveness.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Contributes to development of new techniques and/or standards. Independently applies advanced techniques and analysis.
- Coordinates requirements for project managers and implements specific control procedures.
- Works with established Schedule of Values to facilitate a Progress Measurement / Earned Value Reporting System for Subcontractors/Vendors Working closely with the Superintendents and CM to forecast program/project revenue and cost at completion
- BS/BA degree required
- 10+ yrs. related experience
- Knowledge of project controls techniques for full project life cycle executions (EPCMV)
- Ability to work well with diverse, multi-disciplined groups
- Ability to communicate project issues in an effective manner that leads to resolution.
- Ability to negotiate, when necessary, and compromise with other project team representatives.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
George Estepp is one of the Lead Recruiters here at HKA Enterprises. He specializes in recruiting for the Operations and Maintenance group and Engineering department. George’s advice to job seekers is "avoid having your resume fall into a black hole after applying by following up with me on your application with a quick phone call, text, or email as listed on the job posting."