Facility Maintenance Technician
San Leandro, CA 94577 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
Shift: 5am-1:30pm M-F
The primary function of this position is to preserve and enhance the appearance of the facility. Such duties may include but not limited to replacing lamps and ballasts, painting, general carpentry, drywall repair, hanging pictures, flooring repairs, office moves, door hardware, ceiling tiles, mechanical repairs, assist with HVAC, electrical, plumbing and general building repairs & preventive maintenance work, and other duties in support of Commercial and Industrial Facilities Operations and Maintenance.
- Perform general maintenance, installation and repair duties and perform a variety of duties relative to facilities maintenance areas of responsibility.
- Ensures all appropriate building standards are maintained at a high level of quality.
- Works independently (i.e. with minimal supervision) as well as within the context of a team
- Other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
- Education: High school graduate or demonstrated equivalent.
- Experience: 5+ years of experience in General Maintenance or 3+ years with trade school certification.
- Under general supervision, performs tasks that reflect substantial variety and complexity.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Reviews service requests for repairs and maintenance, determines nature of problem, and executes appropriate solution.
- Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Coordinates work with outside contractors.
- Assures code and building standards are met.
- Possess attention to detail and excellent follow up skills.
- Be able to read and understand repair manuals and drawings.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be friendly, cooperative, customer service-minded attitude; team player.
- Be able to analyze problems, recommends solutions, and initiates repairs.
- Experienced working with and understanding Work Instructions.
- Apply proper safety practices and follow procedures while performing maintenance tasks.
- Be Safety conscious and have machine guarding and Lockout/Tagout experience.
- Some travel may be required.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.