Facilities Plant Operator 187926
Denver, CO 80202 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
This position, under supervision, performs and qualifies for the proper, efficient, and safe operation of plant chilled water equipment under his/her control in accordance with plant procedures and direction of the Project Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate chilled water systems and equipment
- Must have experience working with and managing industrial and commercial chillers.
- Must have experience working with and managing chiller auxiliary equipment such as:
Pneumatic and electric control valves
Manually actuated valves o Evaporative condensers
Chemical dosing equipment
Responds to alarms and takes appropriate action and makes proper decisions based on unit status
Diagnoses operating problems; directs and performs necessary corrective action during work shift.
Safely conducts minor preventive maintenance on equipment and systems to ensure the integrity and reliability of the chilled water distribution system.
This may include:
Cooling tower basin cleaning
Pump and motor lubrication and inspections
Equipment oil and filter change
Reads gauges and meters, starts, and stops equipment, and operates valves to route and control flow, makes process control adjustments, determines, and sets proper chemical dosage and flow rates, and operates PLCs and SCADA systems.
- Prepares and makes entries in the daily plant log and maintains complete record keeping procedures for supervisory review.
- Utilizes CMMS system to assure maximum effectiveness.
- Provides required and appropriate documentation.
- Collects samples and performs routine laboratory tests and analyses on water treatment, take corrective action based on test results and informs supervisor via the plant log
- Makes operating decisions in the absence of supervisory personnel informs supervisor of needs and/or changes required to keep operations in a safe and well-maintained condition.
- Performs other duties as required
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years of experience in any of the following: utilities operator, stationary engineer, refrigeration mechanic.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification required.
- Ability to work various days and shifts including Overnight 8:00pm – 6:30am; Swing 10am-8:30pm; Day 6:00am – 4:30 pm Monday- Sunday.
- 2-5 years of previous Utility Plant experience with familiarity of the principles and practices of Utility Plant operations; operating principles of chillers, compressors, cooling towers, building management systems, water distribution systems, water treatment programs; valves, pumps, and motors; safe work practices.
- Knowledge of computer software including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, CMMS and data management systems, and be able to operate plant PLC’s and SCADA systems
- Proficient with SAP or equivalent computerized maintenance system
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
The work area can involve a working environment indoors as well as outdoors, which could cause exposure to outdoor elements; proper environmental attire will be required. Some areas can have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles and various chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact. Must be able to sit, stand, stoop, twist and bend at the waist, turn, kneel, squat, climb ladders, raise arms above shoulder height, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination when preparing reports and using a computer keyboard, have vision sufficient to read computer screens, printed documents and operate office equipment, have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. In a 10-hour shift must be able to transport self across the facility, ascend and descend stair steps, lift objects up to 50 pounds from floor level to waist height, wear and use appropriate safety equipment.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.