Facilities Mechanical Designer
Manassas, VA 20110 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
This position is onsite, no 3rd party submissions, no C2C
As a 3D Facilities Mechanical Designer, you will be working at a cutting-edge manufacturing plant in Manassas, VA. You will be instrumental in expanding and optimizing facility operations to meet growing production needs. This position offers a dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate closely with engineers, project coordinators, and construction trades. Your work will help translate innovative ideas into tangible designs, driving the operational excellence of the plant. Engaging in on-site work is a pivotal part of this role, where you’ll be tasked with assessing existing field conditions and spearheading the implementation of new designs and systems. You’ll leverage tools like Revit to create detailed 2D/3D drawing packages that bring our visions to life. With a blend of hands-on fieldwork and meticulous design, this role provides a constantly evolving set of challenges and opportunities for professional growth.
• Associate’s degree (AA) in Computer Aided Drafting and Design or similar technical degree
• 6+ years of progressive CAD drafting/design experience of facility mechanical systems
• 2+ years of Revit 3D modeling/design experience
• Experience with piping, HVAC, plumbing, facilities
• Living in or willing to relocate to the Manassas, VA area
• 3+ years of Revit 3D modeling/design experience
• Prior exposure to a manufacturing plant environment
• Hands-on experience with on-site punch list walks, coordination with various construction trades, and visual identification of diverse system types.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.