Facilities Maintenance Technician 188066/188068
The Villages, FL 32159 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
- Assists with the diagnosing of malfunctions and assists with the effective courses of action for correcting them
- Assists the inspection of buildings and equipment for needed maintenance and repair
- Ensures the proper use and care of tools, materials, and safety equipment involved in maintenance and repair work
- Reads, interprets, and works from blueprints, drawings, sketches, plans, specifications, and mechanical illustrations
- Performs skilled mechanical repair work on water/wastewater and irrigation treatment plant engines, pumps, and other equipment
- Assists with keeping records of all maintenance work done on equipment, and with the preparation of routine and special reports
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Familiarity with Project/Asset Tracking Software (Maintenance Connect; CityWorks)
- Performs other duties as assigned
The work area can involve a working environment indoors as well as outdoors, which could cause exposure to outdoor elements; proper environmental attire will be required. Some areas can have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, pathogens and various chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
Experience with preventive and corrective maintenance of water/wastewater treatment plant facilities and duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager
- High school education or GED
- Two years experience
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, equipment, and tools used in the construction, repair, and operation of engines, pumps, and other mechanical equipment related to water/wastewater and irrigation treatment plant operations and procedures
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of an effective mechanical, structural, and grounds preventive maintenance program and operations of internal combustion engines and electrical pump motors
- Basic electrical knowledge involved in working on pumps, motors, and other equipment; equipment, tools, and materials used in maintaining and repairing wastewater treatment plant and related equipment
- Knowledge in the principles of supervision and training, safety principles and practices, and related state and federal laws and regulations
- Proficient in the use of computer software including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.