Estimator III 187837
Plainfield, IN 46168 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
- Prepare estimates for use in planning, organizing and scheduling work .
- Strong background in Electrical Utility Transmission and/or Distribution subtation and line design, construction, and/or project management is recommended.
- Analyze drawings and other documents to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates.
- Conduct periodic site visits to confirm work methods and work approaches are consistent with the estimate.
- Assess project cost performance by tracking actuals against contractor bids or the project estimate.
- Communicate with engineering, construction or sub-contractors on proposed changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare cost reports and projections as requested by management.
- Establish cost monitoring and reporting mechanism and procedures.
- Establish a mechanism to continuously update cost and man-hour databases.
- Associate's Degree or a combination of education plus equivalent work experience
- Prefer a BS in Engineering or Construction Management or 15 years of relevant field experience.
- Communicating with supervisors, peers and subordinates to obtain and supply information.
- Communicating with persons outside the organization including sub-contractors, the public or regulators as directed by management.
- Securing information by observation, email, telephone, corporate databases and the Internet Establishing and maintaining constructive and cooperative working relationships, Estimating sizes, distances and quantities and determining time, costs, resources, equipment and materials required for specific work activities.
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to identify the best solutions to problems.
- Organizing, planning and prioritizing assigned work.
- Resolving conflicts and negotiating with others.
- Thinking creatively.
- Developing and sustaining team spirit.
- Using provided software and technology Performing assigned administrative duties.
- Updating and using relevant knowledge and information.
- Interpreting the meaning of information to others.
- Providing consultation and advice to others.
- Analyzing data and information Skills.
- Active listening, Reading comprehension, Mathematics, Time management, Writing, Critical thinking, Active learning, Complex problem solving, Social perceptiveness, Judgment and decision making, Conflict management, Negotiation, Monitoring, Quality control analysis, Service orientation, Persuasion.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."