Charlotte, NC 28202 US
This position creates cost estimates based off a defined scope throughout the project life cycle including developing construction cost estimates based off a completed engineering package and field reviews. They lead efforts to design, revise, and implement solutions to continually improve the estimating efficiency and accuracy.
- Prepare estimates for use in planning, organizing and scheduling work.
- Analyze drawings and other documents to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates.
- Conduct periodic site visits to confirm work methods and work approaches are consistent with the estimate.
- Assess project cost performance by tracking actuals against contractor bids or the project estimate.
- Communicate with engineering, construction or sub-contractors on proposed changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare cost reports and projections as requested by management. Establish cost monitoring and reporting mechanism and procedures.
- Establish a mechanism to continuously update cost and man-hour databases.
- Communicating with supervisors, peers and subordinates to obtain and supply information.
- Communicating with persons outside the organization including sub-contractors, the public or regulators as directed by management.
- Securing information by observation, email, telephone, corporate databases and the Internet.
- Establishing and maintaining constructive and cooperative working relationships.
- Estimating sizes, distances and quantities and determining time, costs, resources, equipment and materials required for specific work activities.
- Analyzing information and evaluating results to identify the best solutions to problems. Organizing, planning and prioritizing assigned work.
- Resolving conflicts and negotiating with others.
- Thinking creatively.
Prefer a BS in Engineering or Construction Management or 8 years of relevant field experience
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.