Environmental Engineer (PART TIME)
Groton, CT 06340
The is an Entry-Level Part-Time Position: 20 to 22 hours per week.
- The Engineer will be responsible for the management and oversight of Environmental, Health and Safety functions related to site environmental systems and programs.
- Will work on job assignments related to your functional discipline in Engineering.
- Will report directly to the Operations Manager or assignee, and provide liaison communications with the client’s division environmental manager
- Develops and implements all relevant programs related to OSHA, EPA and DOT.
- Administers all aspects of hazardous waste disposal and is required to participate in related training.
- Manages wastewater sampling and reporting.
- Reviews and may participate in completing environmental reports and permit for local, state and federal agencies.
- Will learn how to develop and perform training programs for OSHA and EPA issues.
- Evaluates risk management activities.
- Follows up on corrective action items from investigations, audits and hazard identifications
- May help conduct basic environmental program training depending on competencies
- Addresses duties as assigned.
- Must be currently pursuing a 4-year degree program in EHS, Environmental Sciences or Engineering, or possess such degree.
- Be capable of possessing or attaining OSHA 10 hour Hazardous materials and DOT certification
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.