Raleigh, NC 27601
- The Technologist will be working on the Checkout Desk supporting the Distribution Management System (DMS).
- Will be responsible for verifying the DMS/DSCADA system is configured correctly to communicate with the equipment and that all alarms, events, analogs and status' are received as expected.
- Other tasks may include: trouble shooting, data clean-up, updating documentation and development of statistical analysis.
- Follow a scripted test procedure and verify that DMS/DSCADA Systems reflect proper information (alarms, events, analogs, status) as a result of testing.
- Track issues as they are identified and re-test when resolved.
- Prepare thorough and accurate technical and business reports, effective correspondence, accurate documentation and well-maintained records.
- Responsible for implementing and ensuring adherence to system specific policies & procedures.
- Responsible for developing, writing and updating user documentation.
- Either a graduate from a college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 2 to 4 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 5 to 10 years equivalent experience with no degree.
- Experience in electric utility industry
- Understanding of basic project management principles
- General knowledge of networking protocols and equipment
- Demonstrated understanding and aptitude of computers and standard desktop software applications.
- Experience with DMS/DSCADA systems.
- A working knowledge of SCADA protocols such as DNP 3.0 and L&G8979, as well as, ASE2000 Test Set and Wireshark troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of SCADA and other DMS applications, including modeling/operations of GE products such as e-terraControl, e-terraBrowser, e-terraSourc.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.