Engineering Technologist III
Clearwater, FL US
HKA Enterprises is unable to support C2C. 3rd party submissions and C2C requests will not be considered for any positions.
• Act as Liaison between distribution and transmission for all related work
• Attend all project review meetings
• Create and manage all transmission work orders
• Ensure staking is completed by CEP prior to construction
• Verify that the pre-reqs for permits and staking are completed prior to pre-con.
• Ensure work order tasks are in appropriate status to ensure proper work order closeout/in-service.
• Ensure date management of all TDUB WOs (includes updating any inactive assigned personnel within Cost Mgmt to the project).
• Create project “MX” through Cost Management tool.
• Assign design work to contract engineering partner (CEP), external design support.
• Perform a high-level QA/QC of CEP designs
• Interface regularly with CEPs regarding engineering and be able to provide updates to Asset Design directors and any Transmission contacts necessary
• Create Transmission Switching work orders
• Support cleanup of aged/backlogged work orders
• Bachelor's Degree
• Working knowledge of transmission distribution underbuild project design
• Working knowledge of distribution designs and Pole Foreman
• Working knowledge and experiencing working in Maximo
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Working knowledge/experience in the electric utility industry.
• Understanding and working knowledge of basic principles of project management.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."