Engineering Technologist III 187462
Greensboro, NC 27407 US
Technical expertise to accurately analyze complex options and prepare complex distribution facility designs for residential, commercial, and industrial projects, and leadership skills to manage work in a specific area of expertise, with minimal supervision. Workers are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently.
Under the professional direction, the primary tasks of this position are to:
- Design the most complex electric distribution facilities and circuit construction projects across a wide geographic area including downtown underground projects, extra facility projects, high profile projects, highway relocation projects, and other projects requiring the highest reliability.
- Prepares site drawings, construction drawings, calculations, easements, and any other required documentation for complex installations of electrical distribution facilities.
- Prepares project and job packages including material estimates and material requisitions of the materials required for complex distribution system electrical designs both single phase and three phases.
- Properly apply company/client reliability principals to accurately evaluate voltage, loading, and reliability on electric distribution circuits including complex outage analysis and follow-up.
- Evaluate loading of various equipment components and circuitry or fusing to allow for system expansion ensuring a cost-effective, safe, and reliable design.
- Maintain accurate records and files and update the appropriate company/client systems including updating technical client databases.
- Develops relationships with key internal and external customers, builders, developers, electricians, other utilities, and city officials as needed in the execution of client job responsibilities.
- Supports both company and client's business goals and expectation while representing themselves both positively and professionally.
- Ability to serve as one of the departmental leads to assist with training and providing technical support for other engineering classifications.
- Ability to provide advanced expertise to recognize and resolve complex problems, assist in interpreting codes, standards, regulations, requirements, and guidelines.
- Residential subdivisions, Apartments and multi-family single services. Single and 3 phase commercial 600 Amp. Area lighting and street lighting jobs and upgrades 10 fixtures. Single customer conversions OH/UG. Resolution of individual customer complaints. House moves.
- B.S. in engineering technology and 3-7 years’ experience OR associate degree in engineering technology with 5-11 years’ experience OR 8-17 years’ equivalent experience without degree.
- Proven competency in all aspects of the Distribution Specialist roles.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Self-directed self-motivated, savvy, reliable, trustworthy, as well as technically competent.
- Demonstrated team player.
- Demonstrated negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated time management skills.
- Understanding of basic electricity and power quality.
- Knowledge of Distribution construction standards and methods.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle suitable for business use (mileage reimbursement applies).
- Proficient user of personal computer, particularly Microsoft Office based applications.
- Self-Motivated, work independently, Team-Oriented, Customer Oriented, Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
- Thorough understanding of Electric Distribution materials, work procedures, and work dependencies.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of higher-level analysis programs and tools.
- Experience in leading groups or teams.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."