Engineering Technologist II
Cincinnati, OH 45237
- The Technologist will perform validation of utility GIS and DMS system model of substations, circuits, conductors, switches, meters and automated devices with existing field conditions.
- Will be interfacing with GIS field validation project, smart grid project management, scada engineering and grid engineering.
- Model validation will be followed by power flow analysis validation to prepare circuits for volt var optimization project.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 2 to 4 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 5 to 10 years equivalent experience with no degree.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
- Utility Electric Distribution system operations, underground and overhead system design, utility circuit mapping, distribution automation or Distribution Management Systems.
- Familiarity with GIS systems, control and automation, power flow analysis and utility metering a plus.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Katie Howitt is a technical recruiter with over 3 years' experience connecting top talent to new employment opportunities in the power industry. Her best advice to candidates is to "ensures resumes are clear and concise." The best way to reach Katie is via phone or email.