Engineering Technologist II 189624
Charlotte, NC 28273 US
The Engineering Technologist II position is second level of the non-Engineer degreed technical support role job classification.
The Engineering Technologist II applies technical expertise to solve more complex problems and management skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision.
Employees in this position are expected to develop deeper technical skills and the ability to work with an increasing degree of independence.
- Applies technical expertise in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling, and monitoring of work activities
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches with some guidance.
- Conducts engineering and related studies.
- Strives to continually improve job-related, technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance.
- Develops positive working relationships to effectively coordinate work activities.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), and 2+ years related work experience.
- In lieu of degree and 2 years related work experience, High School Diploma/GED and 6+ years equivalent experience. Desired Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in Engineering Technology
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- 1-2 year distribution design required
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.