Engineering Technologist I
Madison, FL 32340
- This position will be an entry level designer responsible for receiving all customer requests for the assigned DEM area.
- The Engineering Technologist will be responsible for small customer requests such as pools, FMDR conditions and small light requests.
- Receive customer requests via WMIS, email and/or phone.
- Gather all pertinent data from customer before assigning request to designer/engineer.
- Track and follow up with customers that have not submitted all pertinent data to support request.
- Assign customer request to designer/engineer utilizing WMIS.
- Prepare a complete field package for the designer/engineer to utilize on the field visit to ensure one field visit achieves the desired result in preparing a work request.
- Review pool requests utilizing GIS.
- Perform field investigation and designs for certain customer facing work requests.
- Learn and use company design platforms (WMIS and G-Net Viewer) to prepare and input work order packages, specify labor and materials required to build projects, create construction prints, and develop customer invoicing.
- Develop cost estimates for options to provide power to customers.
- Develop and incorporate private property, easement and road right of way knowledge into daily work and designs.
- Work with land agent staff to secure easements from customers.
- Be available for and perform major and minor storm restoration duties including extended working hours, field work and/or specific storm assignments.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 2 to 4 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 5 to 10 years equivalent experience with no degree.
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in distribution operations and engineering at the electric utility.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
- Experience in effectively operating WMIS for work request creation, reassignment and task completion.
- Experience in effectively viewing and printing GIS maps.
- Experience working with general public including written or verbal communication through job, internship, or volunteer history.
- The ability to use Outlook for effective scheduling.
- Local candidates preferred.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."