Engineering Project Manager 187981
Mount Holly, NC 28120 US
• Design of protection and control philosophies for DER assets including Battery Energy Storage Systems, Photovoltaic Systems, and Microgrid Systems
• Design of protection and control wiring diagrams for testing in a lab environment
• Control Hardware-in-the-Loop testing of P&C philosophy utilizing real-time transient analysis equipment and software
• Development of process and procedures for cHIL testing for repeatability and future regression testing
• Development of wiring diagrams, schematics, and functionality of inverters, relays, UPS systems, and GEMS to assist with the troubleshooting of issues within the site boundary.
• Performing electrical system studies using ETAP software (short circuit, load flow, time current coordination, and arc flash)
• Contract development support (e.g., Review RFP documents, proposed DER contracts, revise exhibits, attend bid evaluation meetings, etc.)
• Creation of documents and procedures related to site testing and commissioning.
• Responsible for developing in-depth technical design packages of the energy storage, solar, and microgrid design drawings.
• Work with internal engineering teams to identify opportunities to improve contract documentation, standards development, and the operation of energy storage, solar, and microgrid facilities.
• Review and facilitate redlines of design drawings supplied by the awarded contractors to validate conformance with client standards and requirements.
• Validate designs conform to industry practices and standards. Note areas that require modifications due to non-conformance and provide recommendations to obtain adherence.
• Participate in weekly discussions with clients, team leaders, project managers, and internal stakeholders to discuss the milestone progress and supporting information to monitor project progress.
• Provide technical guidance and responses to the EPC for project development. Technical support shall occur from project initiation through project completion. This includes providing field support to help resolve construction issues.
• Coordinate and understand impact of the entire project to include scope not awarded to the EPC, (e.g., Telecom design, Control System integration, Customer Delivery design activities, Transmission / Distribution circuit upgrades, etc.)
• Support DGOC Operators with trouble shooting and analysis of operational activity & metrics. Review GEMS data and help inform operational decisions to improve performance of facilities.
• Provide engineering support between DEOM and DCC’s in all client jurisdictions.
• Support Preventative and Corrective maintenance activities or participate in RCA’s as requested.
- Minimum of 9 years of Engineering Project Management experience.
- Bachelors in Engineering
- Experience with industry standards such as IEEE 1547, NFPA 855, IEEE 80/81, IEEE 1584, NEC and NESC
- Previous design engineering experience
- Electric Utility project experience
- Contracting experience
- Field experience
- Relay experience
- Protection & Controls design experience
- Control Hardware in the Loop (CHIL) experience
- PSCAD/RSCAD experience
- IEC 61850 and SCADA control protocols
- Energy Storage experience or familiarity with inverters
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."