Hawthorne, CA 90251
JOB # 172782
This is a direct hire position.
PinPoint Solutions is hiring an Engineering Manager
The Engineering Manager is responsible for all engineering functions of the product development group. This position oversees all engineering aspects of the division which are critical to the day-to-day operations of the company.
- Manages, leads and directs the engineering team which includes R&D, Product Development, Tool Design, Mfg Planning, and Document Control.
- Responsible for management and direction of consulting organizations in support of product development.
- The Engineering Manager is a key member of the management team and is the team lead for issue definition and corrective action team, a cross-functional team that includes members from Quality and Manufacturing Operations.
- Participates in the annual strategic planning and budgeting process, with budgetary responsibility for the Engineering Department.
- Supports manufacturing and other organizations in developing and producing new and existing products.
- Supports the Quality, Engineering and Manufacturing organizations within the company to help develop critical thinking and structured problem solving.
- Experience with physical/mechanical testing and or chemical testing, analysis and knowledge of composite materials and adhesives for aerospace applications as well as metal bonding processes.
- Experience and/or knowledge of CATIA and Unigraphics
- Min ten years experience in an aerospace manufacturing environment with proven management skills and strong knowledge of aerospace standards - AS, NAS, ASTM as well as Boeing and Airbus internal specifications and design requirements.
- Solid skills with MS applications - Word, PowerPoint, Project and Excel
- Ability to lead a group of people in a constructive, productive and fair manner
- Manages numerous projects simultaneously while meeting schedule requirements as req’d.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to utilize root cause analyses skills to determine issues cause/drivers and document lessons learned.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel, customers and vendors.
- Create, read and understand internal processes, policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of FAA part 25, knowledge of EASA certification requirements preferred.
- Travel required – 10% to 15%.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Materials or Aerospace Engineering with solid knowledge of composites design and production as well as AS9100 and NADCAP requirements.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.