Engineering Design Associate - 186568
Hickory, NC 28602 US | Work from home flexibility TELECOMMUTE US
Hybrid work schedule: 2 days on site, 3 days remote
8 am - 5 pm
- The Engineering Design Associate will provide work management system, Design Tool data entry and general support to Designers as part of engineering and construction planning process.
- Candidates are expected to have strong computer systems knowledge and have the ability to work with independence in the Engineering & Construction Planning tools.
- This position does not progress into the engineering technologist hierarchy.
- This position is accountable for providing accurate and timely work results which support safety, reliability, storm restoration, and cost management while providing quality customer service.
Major responsibilities and specific job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform Design Tool entry, work management system and general support to Designers and management of system queues
- Enters projects as requested into the work management system using Designer field notes, templates, and/or Expert Designer or other methods
- Applies standard designs to lower complexity corrective maintenance work, follow-up work, and/or other routine program work
- Assists the Designers with general work order preparations, particularly for overhead and underground revenue work, major projects and other maintenance / program work
- Copies/translate sketches/notes from Designers into appropriate format for attached construction prints on work orders in the work management system (eg. Residential, small commercial and lighting)
- Completes work orders that do not require a field visit or guidance from a Designer. (eg. temp services)
- Verifies/completes the dependencies in the work management system prior to releasing job(s)
- Assists Designer with updating work management system for status, project comments, or customer comments and contact information
- Business Administration Degree
- 1 year Management System experience
- 1 year Engineering Planning experience
- Maximo software experience a plus
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.