Engineering Design Assistant
Greenville, SC 29607
- The Engineering Design Assistant will provide work management system, Design Tool data entry and general support to Designers as part of engineering and construction planning process.
- Assists the Designers with general work order preparations, particularly for overhead and underground revenue work, major projects and another maintenance / program work.
- Copies/translate sketches/notes from Designers into appropriate format for attached construction prints on work orders in the work management system.
- Assists Designer with updating work management system for status, project comments, or customer comments and contact information.
- Check construction ready work to ensure staking/vegetation and all prerequisites are complete prior to construction.
- Collect invoicing data from offsite contractors to review and data mining.
- Update CU’s on engineering ready work orders to accommodate standard changes.
- Approve/Reject redline changes from the field with guidance from Sr-Techs/designers.
- Understand and handle permitting (county & city permits, environmental, etc.
- Compiles, reviews, and prints reports from work management system as needed
- Assists in managing communications for Designers such as creation/scheduling of customer outages and letters, and other general communications with customers as necessary.
- Communicate, coordinate, and develop solutions for a broad range of requests between Designers and Schedulers, C&M Specialists, and others as needed (Ex. Phone number lookup to in-depth work management/design tool changes).
- Associate Degree OR 2-4 years of work experience using a computer in lieu of degree
- One to three years of providing customer service support
- Knowledgeable of E&CP processes, work management system, and related computer applications
- Experience using computer-based drawing tools
- Demonstrates excellent customer skills
- Possesses effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborates effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Exhibits flexibility and dependability during storm events and regular work
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Katie Howitt is a technical recruiter with over 3 years' experience connecting top talent to new employment opportunities in the power industry. Her best advice to candidates is to "ensures resumes are clear and concise." The best way to reach Katie is via phone or email.