Mount Holly, NC 28120 US
HKA Enterprises is unable to support C2C. 3rd party submissions and C2C requests will not be considered for any positions.
• Provide support for the initiation of DER projects including design and site reviews for project feasibility. Support contract development efforts with internal and external stakeholders for the design and installation of DER facilities including the development of RFP documentation, creation of design basis documentation, review of all contractual exhibits, and the evaluation of bid documentation.
• Work with internal engineering teams to identify opportunities to improve contractual documentation, standards development, and the operation of energy storage, solar, and microgrid facilities.
• Create in-depth technical designs for the energy storage, solar, and microgrid design packages. Develop protection settings for grid connected DERs and stand-alone microgrids utilizing inverter-based resources.
• Create and modify specifications and requirements related to the operation and maintenance of DER equipment.
• Perform detailed review of project design documents for conformance with client and Industry Standards, including but not limited to NFPA and IEEE standards.
• Provide support and review of documentation associated with the procurement of all materials needed for the design and build of DER facilities.
• Perform on-site review and quality assurance checks of installation and construction of equipment within DER facilities to ensure compliance with client and Industry Standards. Note areas that require modifications due to non-conformance and provide recommendations to obtain adherence.
• Execute the testing and commissioning of site protective functions including relaying, control and instrumentation equipment. Review documentation and support activities related to Medium Voltage equipment testing and commissioning.
• Provide operational and maintenance support by analyzing event files and providing data trends to communicate the root cause of equipment or operational failures. Provide engineering support between DEOM and Distribution Control Centers (DCCs) in all client jurisdictions for DER and Microgrid facilities.
• Maintain and review as-built documentation to validate conformance with client and Industry standards and requirements.
• Coaches and mentors other engineering and non-degreed engineering professionals.
• Participate in weekly discussions with clients, team leaders, project managers, and internal stakeholders to discuss the milestone progress and supporting information to monitor project progress.
• Coordinate and manage all project scope necessary for DER projects to reached Placed in Service (e.g., Telecom design, Control System integration, Customer Delivery design activities, Transmission / Distribution circuit upgrades, etc.)
• Support Preventative and Corrective maintenance activities or participate in RCA’s as requested.
• Become proficient with the Greensmith Energy Management System (GEMS) software and be willing to teach/train other potential users.
Education Requirement: Bachelors (Electrical Engineering degree preferred) / Professional Engineering License (preferred)
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."