Engineer IV 188052
Charlotte, NC 28210 US
***THIS IS A HYBRID ROLE***
This position will be in the Facilities and Controls Engineering team within the Natural Gas Business Unit. This person will spend the majority of their as the electrical engineering SME on large capital design projects.
Need someone with extensive experience in power systems design and support. People who are experts in medium voltage switchgear, motor control centers, breakers, VFDs, motors, transformers, etc.*
- Electrical Layout and Design
- Facility layout development
- Existing and new buried utilities
- Underground Conduit design
- Duct bank design
- Grounding design
- Lightning protection design
- Cathodic protection design
• Graduate from a four-year college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering. Must be an ABET accredited program. A Master's degree in Electrical Engineering will be considered in lieu of the Bachelors.
• 15 or more years of practical engineering experience.
Must have a working knowledge of the following to support reviews and field work:
• Medium Voltage Switchgear
• Low Voltage MCCs
• Medium Voltage Transformers
• Low Voltage Transformers
• Variable Frequency Drives
• Heat Trace
• Electrical Protection and Coordination for MV and LV power distribution
• Short circuit studies
• Arc Flash Protection
• Medium and Low Voltage Cable design
• Cable installation (conduit and cable tray)
• Cable termination methods
• Conduit seals for Class I Div 1 and Div 2 areas
• DC power systems, including batteries, battery chargers, inverters, protective devices, and power distribution.
• Controls knowledge of Switchgear and MCCs including standby generators and automatic transfer switches.
• PLC knowledge for both Analog and Digital controls
• Knowledge of RTUs
• Modbus communications
• Knowledge of the use and selection of various process instrumenting including sensors, detectors, and transmitters.
• Knowledge of network architecture
Develop scope of supply in conjunction with EPC
Maintain oversight of the utility to ensure they remain on schedule
Facilitate meetings between the Utility and the EPC to ensure all interface issues are identified and addressed.
Ensure appropriate oversight of field activities
System Integrator Coordination:
• Develop scope of supply for the station HMI/PLC
• Ensure the necessary EPC documents are reviewed by the system integrator
• Support commissioning to ensure final product meets the plant requirements, final documentation, and Operator satisfaction.
• Develop scopes of work and specifications
• Support development of Requests for Proposal (RFP)
• Support RFP bid evaluations and Q&A
• Coordination with internal and external organizations, consultants and contractors
• Coordination with other disciplines to ensure interfaces are properly identified and managed
• Resolve Electrical design and construction issues that arise
• Design change management
• Review design, procurement and construction specifications
• Ensure adequate design documentation is provided to support the design
• Assess the design process and progress throughout the project lifecycle
• Evaluate compliance with applicable codes and standards
• Perform field walkdowns for design compliance and issue resolution
• Ensure installation is performed in accordance with the design
• Review as-built documentation for completeness and accuracy
• Work with the client and NGBU Security to incorporate requirements into facility designs
• Ensure contract scope and technical requirements are incorporated into the design
• Schedule and budget reviews
• Develop policies, templates, and design guides to be used by the Natural Gas Business Unit pertaining to areas of expertise.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."