Atlanta, GA 30320 US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
The experience required in the Electrician II position must be primarily in an industrial/commercial setting. The ideal candidate must understand complex electrical AC/DC theory, be able to follow electrical drawings and schematics, and be able to apply this knowledge in the field to operate, inspect, maintain, and repair equipment and systems at the 7M+ square foot Atlanta Airport facility. In the performance of this complex electrical work, good customer services skills are required as there will be constant interface with our client, tenants of the airport, other contractors,
and the traveling public.
Essential Job Functions
- Adheres to all site standards for safety, quality, housekeeping, and security.
- Implements standard trade practices and procedures consistent with the National Electrical Code (NEC) while performing repairs and maintenance of a specialized nature on industrial equipment under the limited supervision of the Electrical Superintendent.
- Operates standard electrical testing equipment including voltage tester, multi-meter, megger, Infra-Red Thermography instrument and circuit tracer.
- Must have experience installing, performing preventive maintenance and repairs on secondary distribution systems i.e., panels, electrical switchgears, switchboards, emergency generators, buss duct, standard and emergency lighting systems, and be able to install electrical conduit.
- Properly document all work orders in a timely manner. This includes detailed notes of tasks performed with accurate work hours recorded into our client’s CMMS.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work closely with electrical, HVAC, and other skilled trades to resolve challenging issues that may arise in an aging facility.
- In-depth knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair complex electrical circuits, lighting, motor controls and to reset ground faults.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at heights up to 140 feet.
- HS Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or technical school or equivalent experience preferred.
- Georgia State Journeyman’s license preferred.
· 3 years’ experience required as an electrician working with power up to 6000
· 5 years preferred.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Working conditions in the work area can include indoor environments, as well as outdoor environments, which could cause exposure to changing weather conditions; proper environmental attire will be required. Some areas can have loud noise, active machinery, high pressure fluid systems, electrical equipment, confined spaces, heights and depths, fumes, air borne particles, noxious gases, pathogens, and various chemicals. The use of appropriate safety equipment will be mandatory in these areas to prevent hazardous contact.
Physical requirements to perform work will include ability to sit, stand, stoop, twist, and bend at the waist, turn, kneel, squat, raise arms above shoulder height, grasp, reach, perform repetitive hand movements and fine coordination to work on equipment, have vision sufficient to maintain equipment, have hearing in the normal range with or without correction. In an 8-hour shift, must be able to walk long distances throughout the facility, lift objects up to 40 pounds from floor level to waist height, climb into and out of vehicles having high ground clearance; work in prone position under vehicles or equipment; wear and use appropriate safety equipment; work alternate shifts to meet client needs.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.