Electrician (II/3rd shift)
Atlanta, GA 30320
This is a 3rd shift position-10:00 pm-6:00am
- The Electrician will operate, inspect, maintain and repair equipment and systems.
- There will be constant interface with our client, tenants, other contractors, and the public.
- Implements standard trade practices and procedures consistent with the National Electrical Code (NEC) while performing repairs and maintenance of a specialized nature on industrial equipment under the limited supervision of the Electrical Superintendent.
- Operates standard electrical testing equipment including voltage tester, multi-meter, megger, Infra-Red Thermography instrument and circuit tracer.
- Will be installing, performing preventive maintenance and repairs on secondary distribution systems i.e., panels, electrical switchgears, switchboards, emergency generators, buss duct, standard and emergency lighting systems, and be able to install electrical conduit.
- Properly document all work orders in a timely manner.
- This includes detailed notes of tasks performed with accurate work hours recorded into our client’s CMMS.
- High School Diploma or GED, or equivalent work experience required
- Associates Degree or technical school or equivalent experience preferred.
- Georgia State Journeyman’s license preferred.
- 3 years’ experience required as an electrician working with power up to 600V,
- 5 years preferred.
- Ability to work closely with electrical, HVAC, and other skilled trades to resolve challenging issues that may arise in an aging facility.
- Experience must be primarily in an industrial/commercial setting.
- Must understand complex electrical AC/DC theory, be able to follow electrical drawings and schematics, and be able to apply this knowledge in the field
- Must have experience installing, performing preventive maintenance and repairs on secondary distribution systems i.e., panels, electrical switchgears, switchboards, emergency generators, buss duct, standard and emergency lighting systems, and be able to install electrical conduit.
- In-depth knowledge of the National Electrical Code.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair complex electrical circuits, lighting, motor controls and to reset ground faults.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at heights up to 140 feet.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Jason McArt has over two years' experience as a Recruiter specializing in Industrial Maintenance. His advice for job seekers is to "tailor your resume for the job you're applying for." His preferred method of contact is email.