Electrical I&C Engineer
Morrisville, NC 27560 US
*Rockwell Automation experience required
The Electrical Instrumentation and Controls Engineer (EIC Engineer) will collaborate with maintenance and operations teams to resolve control systems and process failures. The EIC Engineer will be the subject matter expert for the site in matters relating to control systems.
In this role, you will:
- Capital Project management and execution of EIC projects, including design, procurement, construction, commissioning, and startup
- Provide technical expertise in troubleshooting control system failures and identifying solutions while educating peers and maintenance staff
- Work with engineering, maintenance, and operations to make necessary changes to equipment for process improvements, system upgrades, preventative procedures, product changes, and new product launches
- Improve equipment uptime and contribute to Plant reliability efforts
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop and implement standards to maintain the controls architecture and integrity
- Provide engineering technical support to maintenance and plant operations to deliver performance, safety, and quality improvements, as well as cost savings initiatives
- Provide leadership and supervision to engineering firms, construction contractors, and equipment vendors
- 5+ years of relevant experience (Engineering, Maintenance, Project management, Plant Operations)
- 3 years Rockwell Automation experience required
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or equivalent industrial controls experience
- Effective interpersonal skills, motivation, and commitment to lead and direct others to deliver results
- Continuous improvement mindset with experience delivering process improvements
- Strong working knowledge of Rockwell Automation / Allen-Bradley suite or similar of PLC and controls products (e.g. ControlLogix, PanelView, Factory Talk, Asset Centre, VFDs)
- Strong working knowledge of industrial controls networks (e.g. Ethernet IP)
- Strong working knowledge of process instrumentation
- Working knowledge of OT (Operational Technology) systems and hardware
- Ability to develop, read and interpret electrical drawings
- Working knowledge of industrial power and lighting applications, electrical safety, and power distribution
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time. Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport or be willing to obtain one
- Experience with AVEVA InTouch, AVEVA Batch Management, or related HMI and batch management software is preferred
- Engineering or operations experience with consumer-packaged goods packaging equipment and systems is preferred.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Meet Your Recruiter
Dillon joined our team in April of 2020, and has been one of our lead craft recruiters here at HKA. Funny, diligent, and a great support system for his clients and potential candidates, Dillon thrives on making sure he brings 110% everyday.