Electrical Engineer 187901
Portland, OR 97201 US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
HKA is working on behalf of Jacobs and this role is to support Jacobs’ work through HKA.
- Our engineers are responsible for delivery of complex packages.
- As an Associate Engineer you’ll be accountable for schedule and technical quality of assigned engineering tasks.
- As you gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget and schedule for assigned tasks, you’ll effectively recognize and communicate scope and design changes promptly.
- You’ll coordinate work activities with other staff members and the discipline lead.
- You may have supervision of less experienced engineering and design staff.
- Your multi-discipline, highly interactive team will produce single-line diagrams, installation details, electric room layouts, connection diagrams, cable schedules, control panel layouts and grounding, lighting designs, power plans, breaker coordination studies, and Arc Flash / Short-Circuit Current studies.
- You will support senior engineers in selection and specification of electrical equipment.
- You may also be asked to provide on-site assistance during startups.
- Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Engineer in Training (EIT)
- 5yrs working experience in Electrical Engineering (power)
- Knowledge and application of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Knowledge and application of other NFPA codes and industry standards
- Experience using SKM software to perform power studies
- Experience using AGI32 or equivalent lighting calculation software.
- Familiarity of design and construction specifications
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Working knowledge of Revit or other 3D BIM software
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Forward thinking, eager to learn best practices, and contribute with innovative ideas
- Displayed ability to learn quickly and driven to broaden knowledge base
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively in a variety of teams, including multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience leading a small team
- Passion for buildings and construction
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.