Electrical Engineer (II)
Hillsboro, OR 97124
- The Electrical Engineer (II) will gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget and schedule for assigned tasks
- Recognize and communicate scope and design changes promptly
- Provide on-site assistance during startup
- Provide guidance to a draftsperson
- Coordinate work activities with other staff members and the discipline lead
- Size power distribution systems including transformers, substations, switchgear, generators & ATS, distribution and branch panels
- Produce installation details, motor control center single lines, electric room layouts, motor control elementaries, connection diagrams, cable schedules, control panel layouts and grounding, lighting, power plans under minimal supervision
- BSEE or MSEE
- Engineer in Training (EIT)
- E. Registration preferred
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in electrical engineering with 5 years being more common.
- Knowledge and application of the current version of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Knowledge and application of other relevant codes and standards such as the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), National Electrical Safety Code (NESC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), etc.
- Knowledge and application of company engineering design and CAD drafting standards
- Familiarity with Article 500, Hazardous (Classified) Locations, in the current version of the National Electrical Code (NEC)
- Proficient in Revit and 2D AutoCAD or Microstation
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, and Access
- Knowledgeable in power modeling software (EasyPower, SKM, ETAP)
- Familiarity with a third-party lighting design software package
- Good listening, writing and communication skills
- Good presentation skills
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.