Electrical Engineer (6)
Long Beach, CA 90810
The Electrical Engineer will develop and design MV and LV power distribution systems for downstream refining and other heavy industrial purposes.
- Will have supervisory and administrative responsibility over a group of engineers or functions as a technical specialist formulating and developing advanced concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Responsibilities include assuring effective utilization of engineering personnel, and technical quality.
- Performs as Lead Engineer on small, mid, or large capital projects (TIC 50MM-500MM), develops and maintains man-hour budgets, manpower requirements and project schedules
- Supervises the Electrical engineering and design personnel assigned to the project
- Assigns work to Electrical personnel, ensuring the best utilization of their knowledge and capabilities
- Monitors the engineering and design efforts on his project to assure compliance with Client, Jacobs and industry standards
- Assists the Section and Department Managers in performance evaluation of Electrical personnel under his supervision
- Establishes drawing requirements, project procedures and controls, stressing continuity within all disciplines
- Forecasts manpower requirements to maintain the project schedule and budget
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in engineering or technical field required
- P.E. License required
- 15+ years of experience designing refinery or heavy industrial facilities required
- Current knowledge of EPC work processes as well as familiarity with the various project phases and the scope/deliverables required
- Experienced in leading a team in executing Greenfield and brownfield type projects
- Strong working knowledge in selection, specification and design of typical LV & MV (up to 35kV) electrical distribution equipment required
- Experience in overall project execution, including engineering, procurement, shipping, and installation, start-up, and project management required
- Advanced MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) required
- Must have RSO certification
- Local candidates are preferred
- Occasional travel to client site is required
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.