Electrical Engineer (5)
Long Beach, CA 90810
- The Engineer performs as Lead Engineer on small and mid-capital projects, or area lead for large-capital projects
- Develops and maintains man- hour budgets, manpower requirements and project schedules
- Supervises the Electrical engineering and design personnel assigned to his/her project as needed
- Monitors the engineering and design efforts on his project to assure compliance with Client and industry standards
- Assists the Section and Department Managers in performance evaluation of Electrical personnel under his/her supervision
- Establishes drawing requirements, project procedures and controls, stressing continuity within all disciplines.
- Develops the Design Basis document and Construction Work Package
- Forecasts manpower requirements to maintain the job schedule
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering or technical field required.
- P.E. License required
- RSO required
- Minimum 10 years of experience designing refineries, power plants, or chemical plants required
- Current knowledge of EPC work processes as well as familiarity with the various project phases and the scope/deliverables required
- Working knowledge of the application, specification and installation of power generation and LV & MV (up to 35kV) power distribution equipment required
- Experience in various phases of vendor selection and technical evaluation is required
- Advanced MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) required
- Familiar with AutoCAD and/or Microstation design tools, hands on experience is a plus
- Working knowledge in power system analysis tools (ETAP and/or SKM)
- Local candidates are preferred
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.