Electrical Engineer (4)
Long Beach, CA 90810
- The Electrical Engineer will research, develop, design, and test a variety of equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for refinery power distribution systems.
- Develops designs that require innovation and ingenuity.
- Will perform on small and mid-capital projects or as an Area Lead Engineer
- Performs engineering studies and calculations
- Coordinate project activities with other disciplines and project management
- Develop and maintain electrical project schedule, progress reports and cost estimates
- Execute change management process
- Monitors the engineering and design efforts on his project to assure compliance with Client and industry standards
- Supervise junior level engineers and designers. Interface with design group to monitor and control project schedule, electrical hours and cost.
- Ensure consistency and integrity of electrical design throughout project.
- Develop detailed electrical specifications for the project.
- Inquire, evaluate and prepare purchase requisition of electrical equipment and sub-contracts.
- Perform witness test at factory for all major electrical equipment
- Perform pre-commissioning and start-up activities for electrical systems
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in engineering or technical field required
- P.E. License highly desirable
- 7-9 years of experience designing refinery or heavy industrial facilities required
- Current knowledge of EPC work processes as well as familiarity with the various project phases and the scope/deliverables required
- Knowledge of the application, specification and installation of major electrical equipment required
- Advanced MS 0ffice skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) required
- Familiar with AutoCAD and/or Microstation design tools
- Experience in various phases of vendor selection and technical evaluation is required
- Experience in electrical installation requirements required
- Must have RSO certification
- Local candidates preferred
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.