Electrical Designer (2)
Portland, OR 97201
- The Designer will be accountable for preparing engineering drawings from sketches or engineering information, budget, schedule and technical quality of assigned routine design tasks.
- Gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget and schedule for assigned tasks
- Recognize and communicate scope and design changes promptly
- Utilize BIM software to provide layouts, general arraignments, profile views, and details
- Produce equipment specifications with engineering review and approval
- Produce electrical installation specifications with engineering review and approval
- Provide on-site assistance during startup
- Draft installation details, single lines, electric room layouts, motor control elementaries, connection diagrams, control panel layouts and grounding, lighting, power plans
- High School diploma or GED required
- Two Year Technical Degree or Non-Technical Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum 2 years of relevant experience in design utilizing 3-D modeling / drafting with 5 years being more common.
- Knowledge and application of the National Electrical Code
- Knowledge and application of relevant codes and standards such as the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), National Electrical Safety Code (NESC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), etc.
- Knowledge of electrical construction materials, components, and practices
- Familiarity with and application of engineering design and CADD drafting standards
- Knowledge and application of Article 500, Hazardous (Classified) Locations
- Proficient in Revit and 2D AutoCAD or MicroStation
- Proficient in Microsoft Mail, Word, Excel, OneNote, and Access
- Familiarity of power modeling software (EasyPower, SKM, ETAP)
- Familiarity with a third party lighting design software package
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.