Electrical Design Technician (III)
Portland, OR 97201
- The Tech will gain familiarity with the client’s expectations, scope, budget and schedule for assigned tasks
- Recognize and communicate scope and design changes promptly
- Utilize BIM software to provide layouts, general arraignments, profile views, and details
- Provide on-site assistance during startup
- Draft installation details, single lines, electric room layouts, motor control elementaries, connection diagrams, control panel layouts and grounding, lighting, power plans
- Understand client expectations, as determined by the team, and constantly strive to achieve or better these
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Two Year Technical Degree or Four Year Non-Technical Degree required
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience in design utilizing 3-D modeling / drafting with 10 years being more common required.
- Knowledge and application of the National Electrical Code
- Knowledge and application of relevant codes and standards such as the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), National Electrical Safety Code (NESC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), etc.
- Knowledge of electrical construction materials, components, and practices
- Proficient in Revit and 2D AutoCAD or Microstation
- Proficient in Microsoft Mail, Word, Excel, OneNote, and Access
- Familiarity with a third party lighting design software package
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.