Electric Field Engineer
Monticello, IN 47960 US
To evaluate, design, estimate, and project manage the maintenance and construction of electric distribution systems. Design and manage all projects in accordance with applicable requirements, standards and codes, ensuring safe, reliable service to customers in an efficient, economical manner. Prepare detailed drawings, permits, easements, material estimates and reservations, and all other documents required for project completion. Communicate effectively with all major stakeholders including Operations, Engineering Records, Electric System Planning, Budget Analysts and customers.
Principles Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes and assures safe working environment and public safety.
- Manages capital and O&M budgets while designing work.
- Manages maintenance/system improvement projects to ensure timely completion of compliance and/or system related issues.
- Manage customer requirements for electric service by meeting customer and project milestones within a timely manner. Design/manage electric utility projects utilizing effective project management techniques.
- Prepare/complete complex detailed CAD drawings, permits, easements, other relevant documents, and document projects in computerized systems, (CIS, Maximo, etc.) for each project.
- Coordinate fieldwork on projects; provide engineering direction and synchronization with outside agencies, internal departments, and/or customer representatives.
- Provide engineering solutions that effectively meet the needs of the customer and Company while still adhering to the financial goals of the Company and maintain projects within budgetary constraints.
- Work a flexible schedule, including overtime, as needed to meet engineering needs.
- Provide Client departments with technical expertise to help solve operational problems.
- Provide cost effective solutions and follow through to resolve requirements.
- Provide support to Operations during gas and electric system interruptions and outages, including storm restoration.
- Evaluate electric system performance, analysis of weaknesses, and provide solutions for improvement as needed.
- Complete Learning Management System (LMS) Modules prior to due date.
- Comply with all Safety Standards and Practices.
- Monitor Hold/In-Service/Supplemental Reports and address items in a timely manner.
- Attend yearly Peer Review meetings to forecast the following year’s budget.
- Submit timesheets and expense reports on their due date.
- Understand Incident Reporting Procedures.
- Meet with customers and work crews on the job site to discuss engineering deliverables. ( Could be a daily task)
- Graduate from a four year ABET accredited college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering OR Engineering Technology.
- Understanding of basic engineering/technical theories and principles.
- Understanding of basic practices of researching technical design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations.
- Ability to read/interpret drawings/standards to analyze/solve problems.
- Knowledge of computer applications such as AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of electric engineering.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to perform duties under close supervision.
This position will be filled as an Engineer or Specialist depending on degree and experience.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
- PMP Certification.
- Experience in the electric utility industry
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.