EHS Facilities Manager
Hollister, CA 95023
This is a direct hire position
PinPoint Solutions is hiring a EHS Facilities Manager
- The EHS & Facilities Sr. Manager oversees the site EHS and Security programs along with the Facilities department for the Hollister campus.
- Will play a key role in driving a culture of excellence in both departments.
- Will direct and lead the daily activities of the EHS and Facilities teams, providing guidance and direction.
- Will also be responsible for driving the administrative functions of both teams, including hiring and disciplinary actions, performance management/evaluations, budget management, and facilitating the team’s integration into the organization.
- This position sits at the site Senior Staff level, is willing to support change initiatives, can lead high level projects and models an continuous improvement way of thinking (modeled off of the Toyota Business System).
- Will be working with EHS team members and site leadership team to develop and implement EHS programs, handle safety investigations, management of EHS staff (approximately 9 direct and indirect reports) and maintain corporate and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Will develop, maintain, and improve site programs to ensure compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and company standards.
- Health and Safety: Direct all required programs per 29CFR1910 or Cal OSHA equivalent, including an understanding of Process Safety Management and explosives safety per DoD 4145.26m.
- Regulatory Interface: Primary contact for site regulatory agencies; supervises maintenance of required regulatory and program reports, permits and related documents; provides technical expertise to resolve complex technical and regulatory issues.
- Partner with leadership team to set vision and strategy for an EHS focused culture within the business that drives a positive and enthusiastic safety mindset
- Provide updates on the progress towards targets, Health and Safety action plans, and any agency, regulatory inspections or violations.
- Working with the Facilities team to drive site process improvements and be directly responsible for all facilities activities across the site (12 buildings across 300 acres).
- Will be responsible for developing and leading the team, including the Facilities Manager, and indirect reports (approximately 4) as well as the workflow requested from the site.
- Responsible for directing the design, planning, construction, maintenance and alteration of buildings and grounds, heating and cooling equipment, and other machinery.
- Plans, budgets and schedules facilities modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts and contracts for construction and acquisition.
- Inspects construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications.
- Leads and directs a crew of maintenance persons and custodial workers.
- Handles the coordination of building space allocation, layout and communication services.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Environmental, Safety Engineering OR a BS in environmental management, physical sciences, safety management, industrial hygiene, occupational safety or another appropriate technical field.
- Minimum eight years of experience implementing EHS programs in a manufacturing/R&D environment.
- Minimum 5 years of management experience
- Can support being ‘on call’ during off hours
- S citizenship required
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills for internal customers (associates) as well as external groups (vendors, contractors, customers etc.)
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to obtain “L” level DOE or DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Understanding of OSHA Process Safety Management, DoD Contractor Safety for Ammunition and Explosives (DoD 4145.26-M), DoD Ammunition and Explosives safety Standards (DoD 6055.9-STD), BATFE Explosives regulations, DOT Hazardous Materials Transportation regulations, DoD / DOE Security policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively present complex topics in a concise manner.
- Ability to influence and lead peers, subordinates and potentially other leaders within the organization
- Explosives manufacturing, or ordnance assembly experience preferred
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred
- Significant knowledge and experience in a managerial role, with ability to lead the organization to take preventative actions consistently to maintain EHS standards
- Experience in implementing federal and/or state regulatory programs
- Skills in reading and comprehension of technical material pertaining to the explosives manufacturing industry
- Effective supervisory and leadership skills to run the EHS team and influence business leaders in driving excellence to a core EHS metric
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills, with the ability to positively represent the EHS team when required
- Well-developed ability to develop and implement standard methodologies using lean tools and processes
- Skills in the oversight, development and implementation of EHS programs in compliance with local, state and rules and regulations.
- Ability and the dedication to understand matters relating to EHS regulations of manufacturing operations, and continue to develop expertise over time
- Ability to work effectively with site leaders, government officials, regulated industry personnel, other partners, and the general public
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.