Driver/Pitcher (Class B CDL)
The Villages, FL 32159
This is not just driving but will spend 50% of day driving and 50% of day throwing trash in the back of the truck.
- The Driver/Pitcher will service equipment and make field repairs and adjustments; reports needs for major repair to supervisor
- Operates dump trucks in picking up and delivering materials, debris, and supplies.
- Operates small dump trucks, farm type tractors, bush hogs, ditch witches, street sweepers, rubber tired backhoe and similar pieces of equipment on an assigned
- Services vehicles with gas, oil, and water; notifies mechanic of any repair needs
- Assists with household refuse collection
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of experience operating light construction equipment
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Two years’ experience in public works preferred
- Must have a Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Knowledge of work hazards, safety procedures, and traffic laws relating to equipment operation
- Knowledge of the functions, operating methods and care required in the operation of light construction equipment used in public works projects
- Knowledge of and skill in the operation and maintenance of light duty construction equipment
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.