Distribution Engineering Technologist
Duncan, SC 29334
- The Distribution Engineering Technologist II provides technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems in area of expertise.
- Will provide experienced technical expertise to accurately analyze options and prepare distribution facility designs for residential, commercial, and industrial projects.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Conducts engineering and related studies.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Accurately and effectively manages projects with the DOT from start to completion.
- Either 2 to 4 years’ experience and Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 2 to 6 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 4 to 8 years equivalent experience with no degree.
- Valid Driver’s License and vehicle suitable for business use (mileage reimbursement applies)
- Experience and demonstrated written and oral communications skills, including the ability to present information, facilitate meetings and provide direction to others.
- Thorough understanding of Electric Distribution materials, work procedures, and work dependencies.
- Proven competency in all aspects of the Distribution Specialist roles.
- Experience with an electric utility or DOT.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
- Experience with Electric Distribution.
- Demonstrated Time Management Skills
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
April Shelton is a senior recruiter with more than 25 years in the industry. April specializes in nuclear, power, and energy engineering. Her advice to job seekers is "Always have an updated resume. Don’t reply to a job posting if you are not fully qualified. If you use a cell phone as your primary contact, make sure it is professional and doesn’t have a song playing or an unprofessional voicemail message."