Distribution Engineering Technologist
Asheville, NC 28804
- The position in Asheville is for a Zone engineering designer that will primarily be responsible for projects related to new revenue work. (Creating and designing new distribution lines to new customers/end users)
- Will provide technical expertise to solve more complex problems and leadership skills to provide oversight and direction of work in a specific area of expertise, with some supervision.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Prepares thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Conducts engineering and related studies.
- Accurately and effectively manages projects with the Zone Engineering team from start to completion.
- Either 2 to 4 years’ experience or Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 2 to 6 years of experience and Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 4 to 8 years equivalent experience with no degree.
- Valid Driver’s License and vehicle suitable for business use (mileage reimbursement applies)
- Experience and demonstrated written and oral communications skills, including the ability to present information, facilitate meetings and provide direction to others
- Thorough understanding of Electric Distribution materials, work procedures, and work dependencies.
- Proven competency in all aspects of the Distribution Specialist roles.
- Experience with an electric utility or DOT.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
- Experience with Electric Distribution
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.