Distribution Engineering Technologist III
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
- The Distribution Engineering Technologist will analyze complex options and prepare complex distribution facility designs for residential, commercial, and industrial projects, and leadership skills to manage work.
- Design the most complex electric distribution facilities and circuit construction projects across a wide geographic area including downtown underground projects, extra facility projects, high profile projects, highway relocation projects, and other projects requiring the highest reliability.
- Evaluate loading of various equipment components and circuitry or fusing to allow for system expansion ensuring a cost-effective, safe, and reliable design.
- Maintain accurate records and files and update the appropriate company client systems including updating technical client databases.
- Minimum of a two-year degree in a technical discipline, such as electronics, construction, electrical, mechanical or civil engineering technology OR a minimum of 3 years of equivalent work experience in a related field with no degree.
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in a utility distribution engineering environment or a related utility field.
- Proven competency in all aspects of the Distribution Specialist roles.
- Understanding of basic electricity and power quality.
- Knowledge of Distribution construction standards and methods.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and vehicle suitable for business use (mileage reimbursement applies).
- Thorough understanding of Electric Distribution materials, work procedures, and work dependencies preferred.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.
Katie Howitt is a technical recruiter with over 3 years' experience connecting top talent to new employment opportunities in the power industry. Her best advice to candidates is to "ensures resumes are clear and concise." The best way to reach Katie is via phone or email.