Distribution Engineering Technologist (I)
Cincinnati, OH 45242
- Distribution Engineering Technologist I applies developing technical expertise to solve simple problems, and leadership skills to provide oversight of work in a specific area of developing expertise, with close supervision.
- Ensures accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities.
- Beginning level of knowledge in preparing thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations and sketches.
- Conducts engineering and related studies.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Will write work orders.
- Would spend approximately one day a week in the field taking notes and pictures of existing facilities that need replaced.
- The territory covered is typically within one hour of the base office location, and mileage is paid.
- The remainder of the time will be spent entering data into Expert Designer, utilizing a GIS System for creating maps, using Maximo, work management system, for running reports and managing the work assigned to them.
- Either a graduate from a college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or an Associate Degree in Engineering Technology (or equivalent), or 5 to 10 years equivalent experience with no degree.
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.