Distribution Designer III
Greensboro, NC 27409 US
HKA Enterprises is unable to support C2C. 3rd party submissions and C2C requests will not be considered for any positions.
• Train adequate backup personnel to support your role in your absence
• Comply with all policies and procedures
• Ensure projects fulfill ISO compliance requirements
• Complete other duties as required/assigned
• Achieve or exceed budgeted individual utilization target(85% typical)
• Attend bi-weekly(or more frequently as necessary) meetings with project team on all projects/tasks
• Complete all tasks on time and within budget while fully meeting the scope
• Consult and coordinate with other practices and sub-consultants as required
• Operate within specified (corporate or project) budget parameters
• Compare field data to base plan
• Design and draft construction drawings using standard engineering fundamentals for approval by Federal, state and local agencies
• Gather data, including measurements, sketches, notes and photographs as needed
• Read and interpret technical documents needed for performance of job
• Review and interpret design manuals and details from local jurisdictions
• Size and specify design requirements
• Complete Annual Individual Training Program
• High School Diploma. AA in engineering technology or drafting required or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 2 - 4 years of professional experience.
• Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment. Background and motor vehicle checks may be required based upon position.
• Design standard items including design calculations. Knowledgeable of requirements of various federal, state and county agencies.
• A successful candidate will demonstrate experience in performing distribution design for local utility company, including preparing site plans and construction drawings for both overhead and underground facilities. Familiarity with NESC and local utility company pole attachment and design standards also required.
• Skills required will include: Working knowledge of primary distribution systems. Familiar with NESC clearance codes as they apply to secondary voltage and foreign attachments. Current knowledge of Smallworld based GIS systems, Pole Foreman and drafting capabilities using Microstation a plus. Must possess the ability to learn various software programs for design and asset management functions.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.