Torrance, CA 90501
This is a 24 x 7 operation. The shifts are as follows: Days - 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM; Swing - 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM; Grave - 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM Operators currently rotate every 3 - 4 months and days off are scattered per shift. (Example: Monday & Tuesday, Thursday & Friday, or Saturday & Sunday).
Overtime includes weekends and holidays a must
- The Dispatcher will be handling incoming minor and major emergency phone and radio calls for assistance.
- Monitors a local and national burglary/fire alarm systems via state of the art computer equipment and software applications.
- Monitors facility of 100+ acres via state of the art CCTV system.
- Dispatches police, fire and/or security patrol units in response to silent/ringing alarms & requests for assistance.
- Performs routine test diagnostics of all equipment, systems and field devices for proper operation, and places service calls as needed.
- Maintains central service call log of all related equipment & systems nationally.
- Conducts regular emergency drills simulating a major emergency or catastrophic event in a large corporate atmosphere.
- Follow guidelines or changes in responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3-years minimum of emergency dispatch experience, preferred.
- Possession of a valid Class C driver license, preferred.
- General security practices.
- Radio procedures.
- Basic computer/software applications.
- Ability to learn specialized software applications with assistance of training program.
- Handle high incoming call volume
- Must be proficient at typing to create incident reports and emails.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.