Director of Operations
Hollister, CA 95023
This is a direct hire position
PinPoint Solutions is hiring a Director of Operations
The company is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, the company’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
The company employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Their team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers in a culture rooted in continuous improvement.
The division makes critical missions possible. From concept to demonstration to delivery, they provide leading-edge materials, devices and subsystems for use in military and commercial applications. With engineering and manufacturing capability in Arizona and California, their associates work together to solve the toughest technical challenges with a dedication to Safety First, Quality Every Time. They enable success for innumerable missions on a daily basis, impacting the lives of military personnel, law enforcement officers, commercial airline pilots, astronauts, and oil field operators.
This position is responsible for leading the operations teams in a $150 million multi-functional manufacturing environment. This position is tasked with setting both the long-term strategy for the operations team as well as ensuring day to day operations run effectively and efficiently. The successful candidate should be a Gemba focused leader and champion of a lean culture. Leading an organization of 200+ employees, the Director of Operations will drive standard work and process improvements around productivity, quality, safety and talent management. The ideal candidate for this position possesses proven leadership skills, as well as a strong ability to problem solve and make sound decisions that encourage a strong focus on performance and growth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Drive effective visual and daily management that yields point of impact results
- Align and prioritize resources and budgets to meet production needs, new product introductions and customer expectations
- Plan and execute improvements in Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Inventory
- Oversee product transitions from engineering to manufacturing and ensure post launch success through process and metrics leadership
- Oversee the capital acquisition and planning process for Operations
- Coordinate and provide operations inputs and participation in Sales and Operations Planning process.
- Manage budgets providing end-of-month variance reporting and analysis and corrective actions as required
- Collaborate with HR for organization and talent development, talent risk management, and succession planning
- Define and deploy site operational strategy and take ownership for selected initiatives
- Develop and/or monitor Key Performance Indicators and leading problem solving/corrective action as needed
- Manage cost improvement initiatives to achieve on-going operational cost optimization. Interacts with other managers and subordinates on continuous improvement of processes and employee performance.
- Accountable for quality of products, subordinate’s behavior and performance
- BS/BA degree in related field
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in operations management multifunctional manufacturing environment, with at least 5 years at a plant leadership level
- Experience in a technical manufacturing environment.
- Practical and applied knowledge of budgeting, materials planning, production control, and operations management practices.
- Experience with financial aspects of operations management.
- Experience and practical knowledge of lean manufacturing systems (TPS or equivalent)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with effective decision making
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Track record of meeting commitments and deliverables
- Experienced in production planning
- Aerospace/defense industry experience preferred.
- Experience in high volume/low mix, R/O operations
- Experienced in both mechanical and electronic manufacturing environments
- Previous experience as a Plant Director or Operations Leader strongly preferred
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.