Development Program Manager
Hollister, CA 95023
This is a direct hire position
PinPoint Solutions is hiring a Development Program Manager
- The Program Manager will develop new products and to identify best product options and offerings to meet performance and cost targets.
- Leads IPT team for medium sized development programs from proposal through successful product launch and first production delivery, for customer funded or IR&D authorized funded development efforts.
- Budget responsibility for assigned programs, including meeting Product Cost Targets based on future business projections determined with Product Line Management (PLM).
- Develops and maintains positive customer relationships and ensures the customer's contractual requirements are fulfilled.
- Has responsibility for maintaining program schedule in accordance with customer and company requirements, controlling expenditures within the program budget, updating estimate to complete by program.
- Reviews customer requests for quote and makes bid/no bid recommendations for opportunities involving product development.
- Works with PLM and Applications Engineering to prepare materials for requesting IR&D funding for new product development.
- Participate and/or assist in the presentation for company growth meetings.
- Works with assigned contract administrator to review customer contracts and purchase orders for development programs to identify and clarify differences between the contract, purchase order, and the proposal.
- Generates and releases program work authorization documentation defining the scope of work, schedule requirements, program budget, contractual requirements, and data items.
- Provides technical support and guidance to Design Engineers, including review and critique of design documentation, development plans, test plans, and test results as pertaining to new product development efforts.
- Provides overall leadership for the development team, ensuring proper technical and project oversight is provided to ensure the objective for the development efforts are successful.
- Prepares and presents program review reports for Advanced Product Development management.
- Supports presentations for assigned proposals/programs to management and customers.
- Maintains positive communication and relationships with all company functional areas to ensure program and customer requests and schedules are met, while maintaining an overall perspective of the goals of the company.
- SME (Subject Matter Expert) for the APD and related processes.
- Ensures IPT are trained as necessary.
- Conducts contract negotiations on assigned programs in concert with the assigned Contract Manager.
- Manage and lead major proposal efforts and programs.
- Leads presentations for assigned proposals/programs to Management and Customers.
- Works with PLM and Applications Engineering to develop and implement plans and strategies for expanding business opportunities with existing and new customers through the development and marketing of new products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering discipline, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 10+ years of design engineering experience in a related technical and mfg. environment.
- 2+ years of leading a development IPT or supervisory responsibility preferred. External customer interface preferred.
- Experience in leading teams on product development programs.
- Proficient use of project planning tools.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.