Elkview, WV 25071
- The Designer will be responsible for developing project deliverables, and spot checking the output of other staff designers when assigned
- Responsible for reporting on current task status to the lead engineer and providing weekly or bi-weekly reports of progress
- Ensure that the technical content of all assigned design deliverables meet quality expectations; ensure drawings and designs are produced within the assigned timeframes; raise any gaps or potential problems for resolution immediately upon identification
- Monitor assigned design activities to assure conformance with company work instructions and SOPs; ensure adherence to client and/or company specifications, governing codes and good design practice
- Performs design/drafting assignments, requiring advanced working knowledge of design/drafting standards, practices and techniques.
- Works collaboratively in a team environment with other CAD Technicians and Engineers with minimal supervision.
- Actively promotes and contributes to the successful completion of projects from initial concept, through the planning process to implementation.
- Assumes responsibility and meets or exceeds deliverable deadlines for own portion of the project scope, schedule and budget.
- Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Associates degree in Design or Drafting is preferred
- 5+ years design/drafting experience required
- 5+ years design/drafting experience in the use of AutoCAD, MicroStation
- Proficient use of MS Office tools (Word, Excel, etc.) is required
- Demonstrated ability to see a project through to completion
- Excellent attention to detailing of complex civil design components
- Able to perform job walks wearing personal protective equipment (PPE) in an operating facility in a hot climate
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.