Deputy Director of Facilities
Boston, MA 02108
PinPoint Solutions is hiring a Deputy Director of Facilities
This is a direct hire position
- The Deputy Director, Facilities is responsible for leading and managing the day-to-day operations of Facilities & Equipment Maintenance at a commercial GMP Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Facility in the Plant, including providing the proper direction, guidance, and coaching to all Facilities Department personnel. This role provides technical support and team coordination for preventative and corrective maintenance, continuous improvements, engineering and CAPEX projects, site safety and compliance, and site initiatives. The Deputy Director, Facilities also performs and participates in: Deviations, CAPA, Change Control, SOP and PM revisions, safety and code compliance. In this role, the Senior Manager, Facilities will be accountable for directing cross-departmental communication and participating in daily Production meetings in order provide a comprehensive internal customer service program to all groups at the site.
- Responsible for leading all day-to-day activities within Facilities & Equipment Maintenance, including performance management.
- Responsible for creating weekly maintenance schedule and adjusting the planned work schedule as necessary due to emergency or high priority unplanned Work Orders.
- Responsible for all personnel issues (overtime, performance reviews, discipline, vacation, rewards/recognition, team/personnel development, etc.) within the functional area.
- Responsible for the Facility operations at the site production building as well as a second support and warehousing building.
- Responsible for managing the cleaning program and contract staff assigned to clean the GMP clean room spaces, as well as the non-GMP janitorial cleaning.
- Responsible for managing the contractor boiler operator staff to ensure 24/7 coverage of boilers.
- Responsible for working with site and corporate Protective Services group to ensure site security.
- Responsible for all Quality Systems within the department and performs the following functions as required
- Responsible for all department paperwork within the functional area (Work Orders, PM’s, cleaning records, training documents).
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Science or related field
- 10+ years of relevant job experience in a biopharmaceutical environment.
- 5 years of hands-on maintenance supervision and demonstrated people leadership experience required.
- 7 years of general maintenance experience required.
- Prior cGMP experience is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Life Safety, Environmental Health and Safety codes/regulations is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Word, and Excel. Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Prior experience with SAP or another ERP/CMMS platform is required.
- Project management skills are essential.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and coordinate workload by priority.
- Must be customer service and quality driven.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.