Newport News, VA 23607
HKA is hiring Deck Electricians in Newport News, VA. This is a long-term opportunity with great working conditions and great pay. This position is at a state of the art shipyard, building aircraft carriers and submarines. The yard is clean and a very safe work environment.
A contractor with Per Diem if Eligible
$27.31 an hour and $120.00 per day per diem if eligible
- 3+ years’ experience in electrical field
- Must be able to read and interpret shipboard electrical installation drawings, wiring tables, schematics, and work packages
- Work independently with proper instruction
- Proficient in the use of basic electrical meters and test instruments (volt-ohm meter, clamp-on ammeter, insulation resistance testers (mergers, etc.)
- General deck electrician work. (i.e. layoff and mount electrical equipment and wireways; install cable penetrations in equipment , bulkheads, and decks; cable installation; cable terminations; and cut-in and hook-up)
- Proficient in the use of basic electrician hand tools (i.e. Pliers, wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, connector crimping tools, etc.)
- Physically able to climb vertical and inclined stairs and ladders, crawl, bend, stoop, work at heights, and work in confined spaces.
Apply today to get started.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.